Monday, October 21, 2013

Poetry Assignment #6: A false story

"I'm not sure if you noticed yet..."

An odd start to a conversation with my mother

I do not know what it is she would reveal

But already excitement stood through my body as a brother

ready for a surprise, a gift of steel

only to be sideswiped without caution of the real 


"I haven't been home for a while"

A true statement indeed

work had kept her busy

completely unsure of where this story will lead

what is to come, I would have expected lastly

"your father and I are growing apart"

Now I start to realise

Unsure if I am being penalised

my mind has stopped its race

not even with a steady pace


"I'm living with a coworker now"

and I am sure this can't be happening

I hate this story

no longer fun

who has won?

why am I the one?


"this is no ones fault"

now this is bullshit

science is my aim

cause and effect

there is a reason;

or none at all?


"I am still your mom"

well no shit

even with this breath taking hit

I don't see how this could change


"I've helped make his house more acommadating"

first off "he?"

second, why for me?

I don't know how or why

I have been lving in a lie

So I begin to cry, go to my bed to die

this story is over, but the truth being covered

is what hurt the most






No comments:

Post a Comment