Thursday, October 24, 2013

Poetry Assignment #8: A letter form Man to Life (work in progress)

first and foremost, the format and theme of this poem is heavily inspired by the song "A Letter From God To Man" by  Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip.






A Letter From Man to Life



 So I guess this apology is long overdue

I've tried for a while to see if I can justify my actions

But sometimes Logic doesn't seem to be my highest virtue

I try to say I'm civilized now, yet I endorse that which keep others from becoming one to

I have much to make up, so let"s go through the list


I am sorry for my constant violence

In my defense you engineered me for Survival of the fittest

Something by itself is horrible to witness

But it seems even as I outgrew is need, I kept its seed


I kill nature for sport, and man for lord

I kill air and the ground for my own peronl crown

I kill knowledge for control, and speech for silence

So kill I will, for a time until I need not thrill, but that will never cease


But I'm sorry at least

No comments:

Post a Comment